Friday, October 11, 2013

New Look mash up


 This is New Look 6968 with the neckline and facings from New Look 6736  because I love those facings.  Finish the neckline and armholes in one?  Yes please!  The facings stay put with just a tack under the arms too, which is fab. 


 The fabric is vintage from my stash, I'd say early 60s because I have patterns from that era with very similar fabrics illustrated.  Also it was very narrow, so even though I had 4 metres, it took about 3 metres to make this frock.  I wanted a waist seam, because I thought it would suit the vintage vibe, so instead of just making 6736 again, I franken-patterned.  

I put the zip in the mid back like my last 6736.  I like not having to muck around with the top of the zip at the neckline.  Looks neat, still easy to get on. 


I used one of my vintage belt kits to make a self belt.  Buy these kits when you see them people!  They are awesome.  It adds to the vintage vibe, no?  (Oops blurry pic; but does remind me of a Monet, so I'll post it anyway)

Pics above show it on me with and without the belt.  The belt makes it I think, even though it is well camouflaged.

2 comments:

Moggy said...

Lovely! Delightful match of fabric and style, and the waist seam is a winner.

Gail said...

Stunning fabric and fit. And I'm a big fan of self covered belts - despite my teen daughter's objections.