Long time no post, but I have been sewing, knitting, beading and travelling. Just not posting.
The Fabric Store kindly emailed $20 discount vouchers to customers (on purchases of $50 or more), so I went in and bought some large-scale houndstooth cotton/poly knit. I went through my patterns looking for something I hadn't made yet, as I recently realised I was making the same favourite patterns over and over. (I'm looking at you Stepfrock.)
I decided on McCall's 6568 here:
Here is the finished result:
and on me:
(sorry about the dark photo, it's been very gloomy in Sydney this week)
This was a very straight forward, easy pattern, especially in a stable knit fabric like this. I didn't put in a zip, as there is enough stretch in this fabric to pull it on over my head. I also changed the front skirt gathers into two darts.
I've named her Betty Jo, after the name written in pencil on the pattern. Love that!
Here is a better view of the fabric, although it is a bit darker than this in reality:
I sewed two buttons on the neckband for a bit of interest:
Here is a little frock I made recently for a friend's 3 year old daughter. It's Japanese quilting cotton. Little one loves owls!
I used my usual pinafore pattern, New Look 6578. I really need to branch out a bit.