Monday, February 23, 2009

Woollen tops


Well, one top finished and one abandoned.
I was making the top on the bottom right of this vintage vogue pattern (from the Moggy shop; ie: pilfered from her sewing room) in some black wool-blend jersey from the stash. The pattern is intended for wovens, and it was turning out ok in the jersey until I got to the collar. I underlined the collar piece in stretch poplin for stability, but it looked a bit yuck when I put it on. So into the magic waiting box it goes! I will go back to it when I feel like a challenge.

Instant gratification top project needed. As I had a fair bit of the jersey, I made the quick vogue top again, gathering the sleeve attachments this time instead of pleating them. The side bewb gathers are more apparent in this plain fabric. I like it, and I'll wear it.

6 comments:

moggy said...

I MUST MAKE THAT VOGUE TOP!

Pity about the collar one - but you gotta try these things. Maybe it will mature in the UFO pile and come out fighting...

Meg said...

Great little top to add to the wardrobe, looks good on you.

Lisa said...

What is "side bewb?"

neighbourhood.gal said...

"side bewb" (say it out loud and you'll get it, I'm certain) refers to the wrinkles on the upper sides of her breasts.

And I am wondering about woolen jersey... Isn't it awfully warm material for summer wear? and Is it itchy at all?

kitty said...

Lisa, neighbourhood gal is exactly right! I try to keep the real bewb spelling variations off the blog for a few reasons: so people searching for naughty pictures of said items stay away; so we don't fall foul of some of the net filters (really. A band called "love me" were blocked by a certain very large Internet provider at one point. Because they had "love" in their name!);and because I just like writing bewb. I'm easily amused, obviously.
Neighbourhood gal, lightweight wool is very nice to wear in summer, and I live in a very warm, humid climate. I can't wear polyester in summer though, that's far too hot!

Lisa said...

Ohhhhh--as the light bulb goes off over my head. Thanks for the definition.

I forgot to add that I like your top. I have that pattern also.