Saturday, May 10, 2008

Shirty


I think I'm ready to move on from this pattern now. But what else could this fabric be? It had to be this pattern, there was nothing else for it.
This is a linen/cotton mix (I think). Moggy and I both bought some in Cabramatta last year. I only bought 2 metres, and I had to be very creative with folding to get the pattern laid out, including the absolutely necessary 3/4 sleeves and cuffs.

I went to Remnants Warehouse today to get some zips, and on my way out the door saw this lovely fabric, a heavy stretch cotton sateen with blue and grey roses. I love blue roses on fabric. It insisted on coming home with me and becoming a gorgeous 50s frock. At some point.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOvwely dress - and shirtdresses nd so comfortable and paractical as well (not hat that's ever the PRIMARY consideration, you know, but still...)

Ooooh, I have JSUT hte pattern for that divine blue roses fabric - Vogue 2960... swooooooooooon!

kitty said...

Ah yes, Caity, vogue 2960 is just the sort of dress I had in mind. It just screams 50s glamour frock!

moggy said...

Oh yes, that is a lovely suggestion for that fabric!

I must do something with at least one of those pieces I got in Cabramatta, but I keep accidentally buying new stuff...

Anonymous said...

and please pardon my appalling spelling - arrgggh!