Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Housedress of Representatives


Here is is, my interpretation of the new gubbermint in the form of a frock (I wore it today for the fifth time, then realised it was time to blog her).


  1. She is green, as this is the colour of the House of Representatives, the winning of which determines who governs (at least as far as I understand it).
  2. She is bound in red, the colour representing Labor on election night.
  3. Bunches of flowers represent the ecological / green vote, which helped Labor to power (Go, Go, Kyoto!)
  4. The midriff band represents the Middle Classes, who apparently came to their senses at last.
  5. 100% cotton and sleeveless, just in case global warming happens despite action taken by the New Gubbermint.
I was going to trim her with all manner of red rickrack. But like many a pre-election promise, it isn't going to happen.

Made from New Look 6699.

2 comments:

kitty said...

Brava Miss Moggs. I only hope this gubbermint can live up to the standard of this most excellent frock!

Dottie said...

I think this is my uber favorite dress I've seen in awhile. Thanks for the inspiration. I think I'm going to even try to make it!